Wednesday, April 2, 2008

13 Juicy Tidbits

Thirteen random things that you may or may not know about me:

99 Luftballoons by Nena

1. Sometimes I sit cross-legged for long periods of time, just so that my foot will fall asleep and go numb. Then I get up and walk around with my floppy foot. I'll probably break an ankle someday, but I like the feeling.

2. Late at night, I tell the truth and do impulsive things. It's like being drunk. Maybe that's why I stay up so late.

3. I set my alarm every day but usually turn it off to go to sleep for at least another two hours.

4. When I'm driving by myself in between engagements, I sometimes blare my music, sing along loudly, and wanderingly drive around for up to an extra 30 minutes. I like that everyone thinks I'm somewhere else, no one expects me, and it's like I've slipped through the cracks.

5. If I'm watching a high-energy or dancing-based movie by myself at home, I dance along. Or I practice swing dancing by myself, which, by the way, isn't very easy to do. Let's just say I'm pretty good at Charleston.

6. When I cook, I watch Food Network. When I bake, I listen to swing music and dance around my kitchen, or I listen to musicals and sing along, complete with instrumentals and dancing, or Disney music.

7. I have an internet routine that I complete at least twice daily. First is Facebook for News Feed browsing, Scrabble, quick routine stalking of a select few people (who are inevitably minimally Facebook active). Then Gmail, Blogger, A Softer World, occasionally MySpace to check up on my sister, and then back to Facebook for more in-depth stalking. If it's Sunday, I usually stop by PostSecret a few times sprinkled in there.

8. I compulsively download whole albums of music, usually listen to a couple songs, and then forget about it in a few weeks.

9. I broke my flute freshman year of high school by dropping it while pretending it was a baton. The first piece was largely dented, the end piece wouldn't stay on, and a couple of keys were strangely broken, but duct tape works wonders. My mom still doesn't know, so let's keep it on the DL.

10. I lie about stupid things that I don't need to lie about, usually about mundane daily activities. If someone asks me what I did with my day, I'll say, "Not too much. I went to the grocery store and read a magazine," when really I browsed Barnes & Nobles for a couple of hours, then came home and made a new playlist. It's inconsequential, but I do it nonetheless. It just sort of happens; I find lies just falling from my mouth. But I saw a news report today that said lying shows intelligence.

11. I make playlists for really random things. Examples: Orange Time of Day (the hours between 4 and 6ish pm), Swanky songs to play at open mic nights when I learn to play piano, and Songs I want to someday put into movies' soundtracks.

12. I watch Sex & the City, Dirty Dancing, and the Royal Tenenbaums several times per week.

13. I prefer odd numbers to even ones. Also, numbers have certain personalities in my mind. Seven is a bad-ass and can even beat up 8 and 9. Four is protective. Two is joxy. Eight is like an awkward teenage boy.

1 comment:

ktarr said...

But I saw a news report today that said lying shows intelligence.

That's a damn lie and you know it.

And your thing with numbers? I have similar feelings about clocks. The second hand is kind of cracked out and paranoid, and the hour hand is fat and smug. If it was a person it would have a name like Sir Geoffrey Wentworth, or something along those lines.